17.01.2011 - “Energy- and resource-efficient Technology in designing Glass Machinery” and “Innovative Production Technology for Solar Products and Applications” are the titles of two symposia that VDMA Forum Glass Technology organises at this year's glasstec. The glasstec exhibitors may join with presentations. Proposals shall be sent to VDMA by 17 February 2012.
The symposia will take place on 24 and 26 October 2012 within the “glass technology live (gtl) exhibition” during glasstec on the glasstec fairground in Düsseldorf. This year, gtl is themed “Innovative Glass Functions”.
Presentations to be held have to fit in the themes mentioned below: clear and up-to-date examples for innovative solutions. We expressively welcome co-presentations given by mechanical engineering and users.
The presentation shall last 20 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions and discussion. The participation is free of charge.
Wednesday, 24 October 2012:
Energy- and resource-efficient Technology in designing Glass Machinery
• preparation, melting and forming technologies (in co-ordination with HVG/DGG)
• flat glass finishing (thin toughened safety glass, semi-tempered glass and laminated safety glass; surface coatings)
• further processing (cutting, breaking and separating equipment, edge processing)
• multi-function insulation glass (triple-iso of thin glass; quality control and quality verification)
• bended glass (bending technologies and quality control)
• sustainability in designing glass machinery (environmentally friendly, energy- and resource-efficient solutions)
Friday, 26 October 2012:
Innovative Production Technology for Solar Products and Applications
• preparation, melting and forming technologies for solar glass
• solar glass finishing and further processing (surface coatings, edge processing, drilling, annealing)
• laser technology for processing solar glass
• technologies and conceptions for the production of innovative/new photovoltaic modules
• sustainability in designing photovoltaic glass machinery (environmentally friendly, energy- and resource-efficient solutions)
• recycling conceptions and technologies for photovoltaic modules
Interested parties are kindly requested to send their theme proposals by e-mail indicating the subject “gtl Symposium 2012” to email@example.com. The proposal should include the following information:
• title of presentation
• classification to an above mentioned day and theme
• subtitle, if applicable
• speaker, if already known
• keywords to the presentation
• brief description of contents, especially of the innovative approach
Compilation of presentations will be carried out by VDMA following the above mentioned themes. Deadline for submission of proposals is 17 February 2012.