Quality & trust since 1875
When Ferdinand Ramsauer purchased a small chalk quarry near Bad Goisern back in 1875, he already had all the skills and qualities it takes for people to be successful, then as now. He was innovative, determined, and fully focused on achieving his goals. Within less than 20 years, he increased his quarrys chalk output by about 100 times and made »Ischler Bergkreide« (“Mountain chalk from Bad Ischl”) a well-known brand name. From todays perspective, Ferdinand Ramsauer and his son Josef – who was the one to lend our company his name – can, quite legitimately, be considered as genuine marketing pioneers.
Right from the beginning, mountain chalk was used primarily for the production of putty for glazing. Initially, the raw material was sold to manufacturers of this important sealant. Then, in 1950, Ramsauer started its own putty manufacturing operation. The evolution from a mere mining operation to a sealant manufacturer was complete. With the introduction of thermally insulating windows, new plastic and elastic sealants were needed.