A leader in precious-metal thermocouples for many years, BASF more recently applied its technological expertise to optical-based temperature measurement. Designed primarily for OEM wafer-temperature measurement applications, the EXACTUS® optical pyrometers provide significant performance advantages in non-contact temperature measurement. Numerous pending patents cover these breakthroughs which result in industry-leading performance for accuracy, repeatability, and stability. Our performance advantage allows us to successfully measure processes in many applications which had been impossible.
EXACTUS® instruments offer a complete temperature measurement system in each sensor head. State-of-the-art technology allows for custom-tailored integration to specific customer applications.
- Low-temperature measurements (25°C and higher) using short wavelengths
- Measurement of single crystal silicon down to 200°C using 900nm IR radiation
- High precision with resolution up to 0.001°C and accuracy of 1.5°C
- Speeds up to 1,000 readings per second
- Broad dynamic range at any given wavelength
In addition, the entire product line features a user-friendly design. Features that facilitate use include:
Semiconductor Process Control Advantage
- Readily configurable sensor housing
- Flexible design
- Customizable hardware, software, optics and probes
- RS232, RS485/422, and Analog output from sensors
- Sophisticated Windows-based graphical interface
EXACTUS® technology delivers numerous advantages in controlling wafer-to-wafer uniformity in both temperature and film thickness. The highly sensitive electronics and advanced optics mean shorter wavelength detectors can be used to measure radiant energy. This decreases errors from both wafer transmission and emissivity. In addition, the instruments' high speed and high resolution provide better control and noise suppression, which results in better monitoring of wafer temperature and improved process results.
While designed for exacting semiconductor applications, EXACTUS® optical pyrometers may be suitable for a wide range of applications in other industries. Ultra-sensitive electronics, precision optics and the ability to measure low-temperatures using short wavelength allow for tighter process control, fewer emissivity errors and improved overall performance.
Applications that may be ideally suited for EXACTUS® pyrometers include:
- Container glass
- Glass fiber pulling
- Plastics welding
- Industrial heating
- Laser and ultrasound medical technologies